Political Consultant – Equity Partner
Role: Equity Partner Track
Reporting to: Owner
Job Location: TBD
Note: This is a career opportunity for a proven political consultant with business development experience seeking ownership in our company. Non-Disclosure and Non-Compete are required.
Ozean is seeking political consulting talent with proven business development experience in the Republican / Conservative market and who has the ambition to be a senior strategist, company leader and shareholder in a successful, employee-owned political consulting firm.
This is an opportunity for someone interested in merging their existing practice (and employees) into Ozean or re-entering the dynamic world of political consulting from a senior position currently held in the public affairs, government, or corporate marketplace. We are open to a small firm acquisition, single-shingle merger or hiring a senior-level individual with agency experience.
Our ideal candidate is likely currently employed, but eager for new opportunities for professional, business, and leadership growth. You would enter the firm as a Partner, working alongside the current Managing Partner, and with the opportunity to become a company shareholder within 24 months. Salary, commissions, bonuses, and benefits are all competitive and subject to negotiation based on circumstances of the hiring, acquisition or merger.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage accounts, clients, and major projects
- A passion for politics, campaigns, communications, and policy
- A proven ability to originate new business and retain client relationships
- The desire to build, renew and maintain a professional reputation and network
- Demonstrated knowledge of the political consulting industry
- Desire to grow a small business
- Desire and ability to attract, retain and manage people
Required Experiences / Qualifications
- Political, Public Relations, or Public Affairs and business development – 5 years
- Ability to comprehend the Ozean offerings and to communicate our value proposition to prospects
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, policies, and procedures within the political consulting industry.
- Must interact effectively with all levels of management and staff, internally and externally
- Must be accountable, professional, courteous and motivated, and must work well individually or as a member of a team
- Excellent presentation skills, verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong Internet research skills required
- Self-starting with solid follow-through
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to succeed
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
Preferred Experiences / Qualifications
- 5-10 years of experience in a similar role, with business development track record
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in related field
- Data Analytics familiarity
- Experience developing and writing strategic campaign, public relations, or public affairs plans
At Ozean, we hire great people and are building a high-performing team and dynamic company culture around a shared vision and values.
You should read About Ozean before applying.