Political Consultant – Associate
Role: Associated Partner
Reporting to: Owner
Job Location: TBD
Note: This position may be considered as an entry point toward a career path in political consulting. Person must be a self-starter with a willingness to learn. Non-Disclosure and Non-Compete are required.
Ozean is seeking political consulting talent willing to build a clientele in the Republican / Conservative market (campaigns, trade associations, and ballot initiatives) and who has the ambition to be a political strategist in a successful, employee-owned political consulting firm.
Our ideal candidate is likely recently graduated from college or currently employed in their first job, but eager for new opportunities for professional, business, and leadership growth. You would enter the firm as an Associate Partner, working alongside the current Managing Partner, and with the opportunity to become a Senior Partner within 24 months. Salary, commissions, bonuses, and benefits are all competitive and subject to negotiation based on circumstances of the hiring, acquisition or merger.
- Ability to successfully manage accounts, clients, and major projects
- A passion for politics, campaigns, communications, and policy
- Ability and desire to originate new business and retain client relationships
- The desire to build, renew and maintain a professional reputation and network
- Demonstrated knowledge of the political consulting industry
- Desire to grow a small business
Required Experiences / Qualifications
- Political, Public Relations, or Public Affairs Experience or Degree
- Ability to comprehend the Ozean offerings and to communicate our value proposition to prospects
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, policies, and procedures within the political consulting industry.
- Must interact effectively with all levels of management and staff, internally and externally
- Must be accountable, professional, courteous and motivated, and must work well individually or as a member of a team
- Excellent presentation skills, verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Strong Internet research skills required
- Self-starting with solid follow-through
- Highly motivated with a strong desire to succeed
- Relies on judgment to plan and accomplish goals
Preferred Experiences / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in related field
- Data Analytics familiarity
- Experience developing and writing strategic campaign, public relations, or public affairs plans
At Ozean, we hire great people and are building a high-performing team and dynamic company culture around a shared vision and values.
You should read About Ozean before applying.