It’s the end of 2013, and that means lists. Lots & lots of lists.
In this Buzzfeed type of world, we present to you:
Top Political Related lists for 2013
This article from AdWeek, These Stories Dominated Digital Media in 2013, discussed all the things that the cool, digital media kids are chatting about.
- Native Advertising
- Social Ad Race heats Up
- The Mobile Cliff
- The Mobile Shakeout … and the Spending Surge
- Programmatic Soars
- Questionable Traffic
- Responsive Design
- Yahoo Buys Tumblr, and All Eyes on Mayer
- Snowfall’s Shadow
- Content Gets Money
- Adtech IPOs
For Ozean, the two biggest take-aways in digital media in 2013 are: the serious & significant amount of fraud in the digital advertising space and the continued rise in the importance of content marketing.
Neuromarketing fascinates us at Ozean Media. The fact that we can now peer into your brain versus only making observations of your actions is really cool stuff.
- Four Words That Double Persuasion
- Image Influence: Placing Pictures for Maximum Impact
- The Persuasion Slide: An Introduction
- Is This Common Pricing Mistake Costing You Sales?
- Sex, Lies, and Our Secret Motivators
- Persuade with Visual Metaphors
- Boozing & Schmoozing: Alcohol Boosts Bonding
- The Fatal Flaw in Loyalty Programs (And How to Minimize Damage)
- Flattery: A Free Way to Increase Recall
- What Monkeys Teach Us About Social Media
- Cultural Differences in Reading Faces
- The Simple Way To Minimize Buyer’s Remorse
The biggest take-aways from Neuromarketing in 2013 is the power of metaphors – especially visual ones. We also found the monkey and social media article very interesting.
- 10 Current Psychology Studies Every Parent Should Know
- What Caffeine Really Does to Your Brain
- 10 Easy Activities Science Has Proven Will Make You Happier Today
- The Anchoring Effect: How The Mind is Biased by First Impressions
- Depression: 10 Fascinating Insights into a Misunderstood Condition
- The One (Really Easy) Persuasion Technique Everyone Should Know
- Beard Psychology: 4 Signals That Serious Facial Hair Sends
- Attractive Students Get Higher Grades
- 10 Superb Psychological Advantages of Learning Another Language
- 8 Fascinating Facts About Anxiety
The biggest take aways from Psychology in 2013 are the power of choice in persuasion and the importance of the anchoring effect.
Finally, we must give credit to BuzzFeed for curating the post that made us laugh the hardest this past week. If you don’t laugh for a good 20 minutes at The Most Important Political GIFs of 2013, then we suggest you see a doctor.
Finally, a shameless plug for one of Ozean’s popular blog posts:
While you are in the reading mode: Don’t forget to check out Ozean’s Political Research Library. We think it will serve your political nerd needs.